Tres Dias is an inter-denominational 3-day weekend retreat. The focus of the weekend is “God’s Unmerited Love. The weekend is designed to show the “agape” love that God pours out on us. This is love that is unconditional, unmerited, and for which the only true response can be love in return. The goal is to empower Christians to become leaders within their families, their small groups, their churches, and their communities. Participants are encouraged to return to their own church with renewed commitment; often with the desire to fulfill the role of a servant leader.
– Group discussions of topics that are of vital interest to the Body of Christ.
– Times of prayer, sharing and fellowship.
– Lots of music and singing.
– Lots of fun!
– LOTS of food. (This isn’t the weekend to plan a fast or begin a diet!).
– Most importantly, you can expect that God will meet you exactly where you are!
Generally, the retreat is designed for men to go first, followed several weeks later by their wives. (The reason for this is that, according to Tres Dias tradition, women generally have more of a desire to attend, so they will usually “encourage” their husbands to attend so they can then go themselves!)
Tres Dias is the Protestant counter-part of the Catholic Cursillo movement. However, many Catholics are active in both organizations, and this also assists in the breaking down of denominational walls as Christians find they can share in those areas that bind us together in Christ, while downplaying areas of disagreement! Open communion is practiced, and anyone who acknowledges Jesus Christ as Lord is welcome to partake.
– It is NOT intended to become an alternative to your home church or practice of worship.
– It is not a denomination, nor is it designed to become a focal point of worship, other than during the particular weekend.
– There is no proselytizing! No particular denomination or group is encouraged or discouraged, as long as that denomination or group follows the basic tenets of the Tres Dias Statement of Belief.
Essentially, Tres Dias is the expression of unmerited Christian love exhibited by the Father through His people! It is the desire of the Tres Dias Community that participants will return to their home churches with the empowerment of a revitalized relationship with Jesus Christ through His Holy Spirit!
-The first, and most important, is prayer! Once a person completes a weekend, they become part of the Tres Dias “Community”. The community is made aware of the weekend schedules, and it is the responsibility and desire of the community to hold each weekend up in prayer! These weekend retreats are literally “bathed” in prayer, love, and support.
– The second is the support of the Tres Dias Community. Very often, people are touched by God’s Love in a powerful way on their weekend, and it becomes their desire to share that experience with others. It is this community of believers that support the weekend retreats with their prayers and their physical labors. Christians work behind the scenes of every weekend to make certain that the needs of the participants are met!
The only requirement is that an application form be completed and returned to the address on the form. The sponsor can help with this.
Once accepted on a weekend, you will be provided with a list of recommended items to bring (such as blankets, pajamas, etc). Other than that, your sponsor will take care of all other details. All you have to do is walk out of your front door, as your sponsor will even drive you to the retreat site.