Sponsorship must be viewed as a total commitment, not just a partial act of selection. Sponsorship means to help someone become more of a leader for Christ through the Tres Dias experience. As a sponsor, consider the following:
- Recognition that Tres Dias is not for everyone. Offering Tres Dias to someone comes only after I am willing to make a significant commitment to that person. If I am not willing to make that commitment, I should not sponsor
- Am I willing to make significant commitment to my candidate BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER the weekend? If I am a member of the team, have I found a co-sponsor to fulfill the sponsor duties during the weekend? (See Weekend Support below)
- Have I honestly looked at my reasons for sponsoring?
- Do I know my candidate, or do I just know about them?
- Have I prayed for guidance and sought council with other experienced Pescadores, if needed. Is this the right time for the candidate?
- Do I feel comfortable about sponsoring my candidate’s spouse? (If possible, the applications for married couples should be submitted at the same time to assure placement of the wife on the next women’s weekend.)
- Have I discussed the suggested donation with my candidate? (Sponsors are not required to pay for their candidate’s weekend)