WHY IS SPONSORSHIP SO IMPORTANT?
Imagine if you will:
- A candidate that receives no palanca during the weekend except for what the team provides.
- A candidate who arrives on Thursday and the Rector is not aware he/she is coming
- A candidate who comes on a weekend expecting (and thus, demanding) free time to sit outside to read the bible while enjoying the beauty of nature
- A candidate with dietary restrictions that the team was not made aware of.
- A candidate that arrives late on Thursday evening because the sponsor did not provide transportation.
- A candidate with emotional problems ‘acts-out’ during the weekend. When contacted, the sponsor states that he feels the candidate “needed this encounter with God” to work out his ‘issues’.
- A candidate has a problem or a special concern on a weekend. When the team suggests contacting the sponsor, the candidate says: “I don’t really know him/her”.
- A candidate who has no support when attempting to start a Reunion Group following the weekend.
- A candidate who has to go to their first Secuela alone.
- And the list goes on………………………
In fairness, mistakes can happen and we all forget things or occasionally over-commit. However, we’ve been noticing that issues such as these seem to be on the increase, and it’s troublesome.